Translate

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Dynamic duo of Lennon-McCartney

John Lennon and Paul McCartney back in the 1964


During their Beatles day from 1962-1969,the partnership of john lennon and paul mccartney had published  approximately about 180 jointly credit song.Both lennon and mccartney wrote words and music and collaborate extensively when writing song by working 'eyeball to eyeball'.Later,it became common when one of them were writing a song and the other half will gave an input to the song.

Lennon and McCartney first musical idols was everly brothers,elvis presley,buddy holly and smokey robinson & the miracles.They learned many of their idols songs and imitated their sound.
The pair met at the local church fete, where Lennon was playing with his skiffle group, the Quarrymen. Paul, brought along by a mutual friend, Ivan Vaughan, impressed Lennon with his ability on the guitar and his version of Eddie Cochran's '20 Flight Rock'. Soon after, John Lennon asked McCartney if he would join the Quarrymen. McCartney accepted, and there the legacy was born.

In his 1980 interview, Lennon said of the partnership,
he provided a lightness, an optimism, while I would always go for the sadness, the discords, the bluesy notes. There was a period when I thought I didn't write melodies, that Paul wrote those and I just wrote straight, shouting rock 'n' roll. But, of course, when I think of some of my own songs—"in my life", or some of the early stuff, "this boy"—I was writing melody with the best of them.

Lennon-McCartney great song

1. Across the universe, 2. All my loving, 3. All you need is love, 4. And i love her, 5.Blackbird, 6.Can't buy me love, 7.Come together,8.Eight days a week,9.From me to you,10.Get back, 11.Give a peace a chance, 12.A hard day's night,13.Hello goodbye,14.Help !, 15.Helter skelter, 16.Here there and everywhere,17.Hey jude, 18.I feel fine,19.I saw her standing there, 20.I want to hold your hand, 21.Lady madonna,22.Let it be,23.The long and winding road,24.Love me do,25.Michelle,26.Ob-la-di ob-la-da,27.She loves you,28.Ticket to ride,29.Two of us,30.We can work it out,31.Yellow submarine 32. Yesterday.




My top 5 personal favourite 













After the beatles broke up,Lennon goes solo while McCartney form another band called wings.Both Lennon and McCartney solo musical effort after the beatles seems mediocre,just okay,but another beatle,George Harrison stole the limelight with his classic album All thing must pass.But one thing for sure, the world will never seen someone like lennon-mccartney  ever again.The genius and creativity of them both certainly inspired people everywhere around the world,Sir Paul McCartney still continuing performing at the age of 71 years old,and he's still kicking some ass,keep on rocking sir,we love you...

McCartney perform with ex Nirvana members













No comments:

Post a Comment